STEMM-CHANGE hosted The Reverse Mentoring Revolution on 22 June 2021.
The event explored insights into what reverse mentoring has to offer in advancing equality, diversity, and inclusion in complex organisations.
Programme schedule and recordings
10:00 – 11:00 Welcome and keynote address: The Reverse Mentoring Revolution
- Stacy Johnson MBE (Associate Professor, University of Nottingham)
- Tunde Agbalaya (Diversity & Inclusion Project Manager, The Wellcome Trust)
11:15 – 12:15 Reverse mentoring, EDI Strategy and building inclusive leadership and management capacity and capability
- Professor Sarah Sharples (Pro-Vice-Chancellor Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and People, University of Nottingham)
- Carol Steed (Leadership & Management Director, University of Nottingham)
Presenter Q&A followed by audience Q&A
13:15 – 14:15 The Reverse Mentor/Mentee Experience
We’ll hear experiences from a collection of reverse mentors and mentees.
14:30 – 15:30 Reverse Mentoring across Organisations
- Manal Sadik (Associate Director for Equality, Diversity & Inclusion & Widening Participation, Guys & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust).
Audience Q&A: Share your experiences and ask questions about using reverse mentoring in your organisation