STEMM-CHANGE is an EPSRC-funded project to drive a positive change in culture and practices in equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) across Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM).
The STEMM-CHANGE programme has several linked projects that will enable a step change in approaches to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It is led by a multi-disciplinary team at the University of Nottingham in collaboration with Diversity by Design who are experts in providing diversity solutions to strategic questions.
STEMM-CHANGE consists of the following activities in which the team and project partners will:
- Conduct new research into barriers to inclusion in STEMM disciplines and develop guidelines to remove them
- Research, develop and evaluate new tools to be made available for promoting diversity in recruitment practices
- Produce guidelines and best practice for the production of a safer, abuse-free environment for those participating in public engagement
- Curate and house an interactive national database, sharing best practice in equality, diversity and inclusion
- Initiate a grant scheme to fund innovative activities that complement the project
- Support innovative mentoring schemes for people from under-represented groups that will: (i) open up career development opportunities, and (ii) develop widespread mutual understanding of the challenges and opportunities presented by a diverse workforce